The Liver, Pancreas, and GI Oncology Update Conference at Wake Forest Baptist Health is designed for general surgeons, medical oncologists, gastroenterologists, radiation oncologists, nurse oncologists, physician assistants and nurse practitioners.
• Discuss regional therapy options for patients with primary and secondary hepatic malignancies (indications and outcomes).
• Summarize recent data on biologic therapy for hepatocellular carcinoma.
• Cite recent data on surgical outcomes of colorectal hepatic metastases with extrahepatic disease.
• Review the indications and outcomes for stereotactic bodyradiotherapy for unresectable hepatic malignancies.
• Discuss the surgical management of colorectal hepatic metastases in the era of preoperative chemotherapy.
• Identify new research findings on pancreatic cancer prevention and detection in highrisk groups.
• Identify recent advances in state-of-the-art radiologic imaging for pancreatic cancer.
• Analyze how new developments in systemic therapy have affected current treatment paradigms in pancreatic cancer.
• Discuss current surgical management of pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors.
• Summarize the role of chemoradiation for gastric cancer and its indications and outcomes.
• Describe the role of a palliative care program for patients with advanced liver, pancreas, and GI malignancies.
• Review strategies to optimize nutrition in patients with liver, pancreas, and GI cancers.
• Discuss quality of life outcomes after surgery for liver, pancreas, and GI cancers.
• Discuss the components and essential elements of a peritoneal surface malignancy center and expected clinical outcomes.
Submit a question to Dr. Angela Alistar
View Doctor Profile